Menu Bar

Friday, January 25, 2013

Desperately Seeking Critique Partner

The post title is mis-leading. I'm not desperate, but I am trying to find a critique partner. A partner, not a group, not a cabal, not a website where I critique the work of people I don't know, and when I get enough points, people I don't know critique my work.

Okay, was that clear enough? Good. My current WIP is a YA novel (about 70k words, currently working on draft 1.5) about a fifteen year old boy who's been sheltered his whole life. He gets caught up in hunting demons, and falls for a girl, and...so on. Please note, the previous statement is not a query pitch (grin).

What I bring to this relationship: I'm a gemini--wait, wrong post. I've been writing for the last four years and I believe my abilities have progressed significantly. As for critiquing: I have an eye for dialog, stage direction, etc... I like sci-fi, urban fantasy, fantasy.


One final note. Much as it pains me to say it, I'm looking for an experienced writer to partner with. This partner doesn't have to be published, but we should exchange some samples of work before deciding to partner up. Sigh... I don't hate being rejected, but I hate rejecting people. :(

Oh well, that's it.


No comments:

Post a Comment